Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blankets

After that post yesterday I got excited about blankets again! I have about 4 of them on the order list right now, but I'm always looking for new ones- so here are a few of my new favorites.

This one is called the Classic Baby Blanket by Rayn Blair. I think it is PERFECT for any little boy or girl, and also would be a great piece to be passed down from generation to generation.

A friend sent me a link to a blanket similar to this one and I knew I had to find a pattern for it. Can't you just see your babe sitting on here poking at all those little dots sticking out??! So cute! Also, another blanket for boys or girls- just take the ruffle edge off and add a simple border and you are all set! This pattern comes from Lauren Brown and is called Polka Dots & Frills Baby Blanket

Lion Brand has some awesome free patterns, like this one called Delicious Colors. Pick colors to match your decor and you have a great blankie to snuggle up with! This one measures about 30"x35" when finished.

Awww, I really like these little loveys! This little grey bear was found on Etsy in the missybdesigns shop. It is absolutely adorable and would be a best friend for any little person! Love it! I would guess it's about 17" square when it's done- that's the typical size for these. I also have some patterns saved for owl and doll loveys.

Now on to the big boys! This is a very simple pattern for a Chunky Afghan Sofa Throw. I can just see this on my couch, your couch, my mom's couch... everyone should have a chunky throw, don't you think??! I found this pattern on Etsy also- in the MouseAndThimble shop. They have lots of cute stuff!

This is another chunky throw from Lion Brand. It says it's a 5 1/2 hour throw- but it takes a little longer than that- not much though! I have made a few of these and everyone that has them LOVES them- they are great for snuggling up with a good book. I have this pattern bookmarked on Ravelry and it can be found here.

This blanket is one that I actually made and sold to a girl I graduated with who now lives in California. I am excited for her to get it- I know her little girl will love it. It's just the perfect size for kids. Or grown up laps, too! I have made a few of these and haven't had a complaint yet! The pattern was a mix of Mamachee's chevron throw and this throw by Judy Hice for Coats & Clark. The stitch pattern was taken from Mamachee and the color from Judy Hice, obviously. :)

These are just a few of my favorite blankets, I have SEVERAL more bookmarked on Ravelry, Etsy and on my Crochet board on Pinterest. You can find me on any of those sites!
As always, I am willing to make any of these blankets for you - just let me know which one you are interested in and I'll be happy to send you pricing info!

No comments:

Post a Comment