Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Welcome to the NEW Blog!

Here is my second attempt at blogging...

Here is the back story- Over the last couple years I have been finding crochet patterns online, posting a photo of the finished product (from the original post, not my pictures) and then offering to sell the finished item. I have been going about this all wrong. I haven't always given credit to the photo owner.

I am here to say that that was wrong. I intend to go about this the right way from now on.

I am under the impression that you can link to the original post in order to give the pattern writer and photo owner the proper credit, also mentioning where the pattern and photo came from. This will be my procedure from now on. If there is more that you know of that I need to do, PLEASE let me know. I am not here to make life miserable for myself or anyone else involved.


Thanks for visiting- come back often!

L

2 comments:

  1. make sure you give CLEAR credit, not hidden, or in small font. I'm happy to continue to make my patterns free for those who want to make them, but I def want credit for my work. legally you can make and sell anything you make from a pattern, but you can NOT share other peoples words (the patterns themselves) or images. If you want to share an images you should technically get permission first, but most people won't mind as long as you give proper credit. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what I have done so far here is giving credit where credit is due... agree?

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete